blogger visitor

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Transition


As I transition through this shift, I am overwhelmed with apathy. I manage to get by at work with doing the absolute minimum. My desire to be creative is slim and my need to attend yoga is minimal.

I feel constantly exhausted. I am completely burnt out.

It feels like I have been forced to stop, to take the time to step back, reassess and enjoy life. I am struggling with the internal mental battle of accepting that I don't need to go to yoga every day. My mind keeps telling me I should be going to yoga while my body just wants to rest. It is hard to switch that voice off - it's like a plague of guilt hanging over me.

Saying 'no' at work has been my greatest respite. I accept that I don't have take responsibility for everything. Actually, I am getting pretty good at not being a control freak at work anymore but I also know it is ok to allow myself to travel through this phase, to allow my body to rest. Sitting still is not something that comes easy for me as someone who usually juggles life and gives 150% in everything.

So I have decided that my health is far more important and it is vital to take some time - often, to nurture and replenish.

Thank you to my friends who continue to support me as I travel on this path, providing me with your guidance and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment