blogger visitor

Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's a journey


Last week was tough. Long hours at work, no time for a yoga practice, not much time for study and on top of all that I didn’t feel well. It was an emotional week.

My Sunday ritual of attending yoga pulled me through to new levels of experience. I was unsure of my energy levels walking in so allowed myself to settle in with an enjoyable pre-class meditation. We ease into the rhythm with lots of breathing exercises, a nice way to start. My focus and breathing is pretty good. I feel ok without pushing too hard. As we move into standing poses, Dancers, I hold the asana with ease. I feel great, this one is always a challenge and I can hold the pose for the duration, slowly going deeper and deeper.

Suddenly I am overcome. I recognise the feeling, any hot room practitioner knows it. Waves of nausea rushing the blood down from the top of your head, leaving a sick feeling. Oh no. Oh yes this was happening! Ok, I decide I need to let it happen. I take Childs pose and accept what I am feeling. My body was detoxifying and shedding unnecessary toxins. The emotions from the previous week had built up and needed to be released. And this was the perfect way for it to happen. I felt so relieved, like a burden had lifted.

I am so grateful for my yoga practice and the amazing journey it takes me on.

No comments:

Post a Comment