blogger visitor

Monday, October 5, 2009

Gratitude

Symbol of Gratitude

When I stop to think about the things I am grateful for I feel humbled. I no longer worry. I no longer feel the need to fill my life with materialistic possessions, or as I like to refer to it as ‘stuff’.

Gratitude is powerful. It creates a sense of calm. Being thankful for the goodness in our lives takes the focus away from the negative. It is much easier to deliberate over destructive events and behaviours. We all experience them and at times they can be overwhelming. It is especially during these difficult times that gratitude carries its deepest meaning.

A few weeks back I began writing a worry diary. Every day I write ‘Today I worried about…’ Some days I worry lots. Some days I worry about silly things. Nevertheless, worry is negative energy that manifests itself into greater disappointments. At the same time I began a grateful diary. Every day I write ‘Today I am grateful for…’ And again, some days I have lots to be grateful about and others not so much.

I now seriously think about things that I worry about and realise they don’t deserve so much attention. Instead, I am grateful for my health, yoga, the rain, the full moon. My awareness is more centred and I am now truly grateful for the simple things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment