blogger visitor

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Salvador Dali



Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet's Angelus, 1935

The Persistence of Memory, 1931

Very recently I had the pleasure of viewing an extraordinary exhibition by Salvador Dali. Throughout my years of studying art I have always admired his remarkable talent but have never had the opportunity to see so much of his work.  He truly was a creative force. We all know Dali as the Surrealist and his unusual paintings, particularly The Persistence of Memory, 1931 which reminds me of my teenage years listening to Pink Floyd’s album Dark Side of the Moon and the psychedelic movie The Wall

But there really was so much more to this man - artist, painter, designer, sculptor, jeweller and film maker. Not only did he live a long and interesting life, he mastered every medium and creative task he undertook.  I have a new found respect for yet another great master.

No comments:

Post a Comment