blogger visitor

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Follow your heart



When Steve Jobs passed away, the world mourned. Apple friend or foe, he was widely recognised as a brilliant man who did everything he could to make improvements and changes to the world. And he did. 
I received an email with a transcript he had written during his time of recovery. I found it to be quite profound and I was pleased that he had taken the time to write the words. Towards the end of his note, this is what he wrote:
“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." Steve Jobs
This resonated with me in such a way that I keep re-reading it.
I think about my own life and see the reality this dogma. The dogma of society, where I fulfil the expectations and desires of others. I wake up each day before I get ready for work and I wish that it was already over, as it is at the end of the work day that I am able to do the things that make my heart sing. I am grateful that I have begun to make the changes, that I am moving towards living a life that is true to me.
In our hearts we truly know what we are to become, all that we can be and all that we can do. It only takes a few moments of our time to stop, to listen and to be aware. That little voice that keeps suggesting we make changes is intuition and by listening to this inner wisdom, we are following our heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment