blogger visitor

Monday, April 12, 2010

Vitality


I love 6am Friday morning yoga class. However, I noticed my energy is often lagging. The end of the work week and another early start begins to show on my vitality. It became obvious to me that I rarely do or even want to do full Chaturanga. I steer clear of Vasisthasana (side plank) in its full pose and opt for the safer modification. And Wheel is a last minute challenge I can't bear the thought of.

But how much of this mind set, this attitude, is merely a thought pattern that I can change?

Last week the thought occurred to me that maybe I feel this way because I always think this is how I feel. My mind anticipates it so my body expects and reacts in exactly this way. Yet another example of the power of the mind!

Next week I will try to reverse this thought process and be completely in the moment. If I can do this, I will be able to perform the poses the way my body feels and not my mind. If I don't try I won't further my practice and if I fall out of the pose it really doesn't matter because this is yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment