blogger visitor

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I was a demon slayer

Dreams. We all have them. Mine seem to be regular and colourful, and I don't just mean the opposite to black and white.  This one was kind of hilarious...

A couple of weeks ago I dreamt I was a demon slayer. In Buffy-esk style, I was minding my own business buying tomatoes from the local green grocer. Of course the gorgeous man beside me was all mine and we were enjoying a quiet moment whilst I picked out the best fruit. Suddenly, someone bursts through the door screaming for help as a demon was on the loose and up to no good. Sure enough, there she was. Big and ugly. Standing on the doorstep of the store I was in, of all things. I was quite annoyed that my vegetable shopping was interrupted but I quietly asked my beau to run and fetch my sword. Yes, all this was in my dream. But wait, there's more. I pay for my groceries and ask the keeper to mind them for me while I take care of business. It seemed I was a regular at this store and the owner knew me well.  So with my sword in hand, I burst through the door taking the demon by surprise and taking off its head in one clean manouvre. Then everything went back to normal.

Me thinks I have been watching too many science fiction dramas but I'm going to run with it, maybe theres a story in there.  And if not, this one was a good laugh - at least my friends thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment