blogger visitor

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December


It’s December. In the Southern Hemisphere we recently celebrated the Summer Solstice – the longest day of light. Although where I live the skies were filled with grey, looming clouds and much rain, I could still feel the brightness earlier in the morning and later each evening.
The Christian celebration of Christ’s birth has also just passed. What was once a gathering of family and friends to enjoy a meal and each others company has now become a commercial event towards materialism, heightened by capitalism. The focus of this humble celebration has been lost to societies expectations with so much pressure for people to spend more and more each year.
For me, this time of year has been incredibly stressful. I decided to step away from the chaos and I asked myself what it was that I wanted. At a time when the world is in the midst of a financial shift, it would be so much easier to bring love and joy into not only this festivity, but into every day. It was amazing to feel the relief once I decided to be true to myself, instead of what others wanted of me.
As I reflect back on the year that is almost past, I am astounded and forever grateful for the blessings I have received. Now, I begin to think about my intentions for the energetic and fruitful year that will no doubt be 2012.
Blessed be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment