blogger visitor

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lammas

In the Southern Hemisphere, Lammas falls on 1 February. It is a time to honour the earth as the Sun God prepares to recede. The change of seasons are upon us as the hours of daylight slowly shorten, and the Moon Goddess shines her light.

Summer is coming to an end as we begin to welcome the season of Autumn. The beautiful warm colours of red and orange emerge representing the cooler shades of the earth. Lammas is the first of the Harvest festivals and this is displayed with fresh loaves of bread.

For the first month of this new calendar year, I spent a lot of time focussing on my intentions. What do I want to achieve, when do i want to achieve it etc. Through this focus I have already begun to see results driving me towards these goals.

But Lammas is a good time to reflect on current achievements and to show gratitude for the abundance in our lives, to be grateful for the people we share it with. Today I am grateful for the people who continuously support me, who guide me and give me strength when I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment