blogger visitor

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dragon meditation

I leaned into the stone well and visualised all of my stresses of the day leaving my body. All my problems, all my anxieties, all my worries – I watched all of them fall down into the depths of darkness and the negative energy with them. My body felt immediately lighter.

I turned around, took a deep breath and continued down the dirt path towards the cave. I had not been inside this cave before but I was not afraid. This was exactly where I was meant to be and it gave me a sense of calmness, almost a sense of familiarity. The rustic walls surrounded me and I could feel moisture. Small dragons were scurrying across the ground, chasing each other and testing out their new found wings. What a joy to witness. I stood very carefully so as not to startle them and suddenly a great dragon emerged from the pond. She was a deep rustic and metallic bronze colour – very beautiful!

She snarled and roared at me to make sure I knew I was trespassing and she would not hesitate to protect her young. I felt her warm breath gush against my face and my hair moved as if I was walking in the wind. It was amazing and yet I was not frightened. I closed my eyes and kept them shut. She sensed I was not scared and stealthily moved closer – I could feel her presence, her breath and I could hear her sniff my scent. She seemed to recognise me although we had not met before. She moved back to the pond and I held my position for a while.

When I opened my eyes, she was watching me but with a sense of peacefulness. I call her Dragoness.

I moved carefully towards the edge of the pond and let my fingers gently paddle the still water. I could see my reflection. Suddenly Dragon appeared, my dragon. He came very close to me as he usually does. I was so happy to see him. He is lighter in colour but quite majestic. I put my arms around him and he his wings around me. Underneath this giant I felt warmth and tenderness. Moments of pure magic…

I realised this was his family. Dragon had introduced me to his family – a family I did not know existed. I felt privileged to be in their presence. He spoke and I was so overwhelmed I nearly did not hear his words in my head. Dragon had never spoken to me before, I had to bring my mind back quickly or miss his message entirely. He spoke of my fears and inhibitions that hold me back, to not be afraid, to embrace what I see and continue on my journey.

We spoke a little while longer until we both knew it was time for me to leave. I felt safe and comfortable and was reluctant to leave. But I knew this was not my place so I carefully walked towards the opening I had entered.

Dragon is my most powerful spiritual guide and the bond between us is very strong. He represents two of the elements of nature: water and fire. I have shared many wonderful moments with Dragon but this was the only time I have met his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment