blogger visitor

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Unresolved feelings


Meditation has been a part of my daily ritual for a while now. It is so very interesting to observe the changes that have become apparent over the recent months. There are times when I struggle to sit through ten minutes and times when I emerge after twenty or thirty minutes of energised bliss. My mind can be busy, even at 6.00am. But without it, I feel the cracks around the edges begin to surface. I become irritable, anxious and easily frustrated.

Lately these feelings of anxiety and frustration have been more apparent, even with regular meditation. I began to realise that these feelings have arisen because they are unresolved. Emotions of undealt with past history – they are dangerous and destructive. Perhaps I thought that I had dealt with them but really I had not; or I swept them into the closet hoping they would be forever locked away; or the universe is clearing unnecessary clutter for me.

I am grateful these fragmented emotions have been brought to my attention. This is an amazing self-learning experience and an opportunity to grow. Without admittance and closure to these emotions I am preventing myself from advancing, from being open to receive the goodness that is waiting. But how does one progress? The only way forward that I can truly see is through meditation. Meditation. And more meditation. Giving forgiveness where necessary, accepting circumstances as they are and letting go.

Certainly this will not be an easy task and who knows how long it will take to complete. I think it will be enriching but most of all it is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment