blogger visitor

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy baby


When I first tried the yogic pose Happy Baby, I felt awkward and didn’t understand the posture. Now, it still feels uncomfortable in my hip area as I pull my feet down, but I enjoy getting into the pose as my spine stretches out any kinks and flattens down to my sacrum.

The other day I was reminded that this pose is aptly named as it resembles a baby happily playing. Additionally, I was reminded the reason why babies are full of playful joy is because they have no ego. When we go back to basics and eliminate the fear and ego we have automatically created in our busy lives, we can then embrace ourselves and be happy.

Lately I have been listening to spiritual podcasts that talk about embracing the inner child, to have fun and not take ourselves so seriously. This doesn’t mean to stop being responsible as adults but rather to allow ourselves to have fun, to dance, to laugh and let go.

I think that in allowing this to happen we define a calmer, more prosperous environment in which we can only evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment