blogger visitor

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yoga mat


After weeks away from my yoga mat I was unsure how my first time back would feel.

Surprisingly, I had not forgotten the poses and I was not breathless. Instead I felt a renewed sense of being. My body felt lighter and my mind connected. It was more powerful than I had felt in my practice before.

My body seemed to move with grace and ease. My breath flowed as prana ignited my energy sectors.

I had worried unnecessarily.

Perhaps this new state of being is a result of feeling relaxed. My mind is quieter and I feel much calmer, taking things as they come. I believe this is a signal to slow down in life, to stress less and allow the physical and mental to just be rather than waiting for illness to come as a warning. Easier said than done sometimes but I will strive to maintain this lightness and quieter mind from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment