blogger visitor

Monday, September 21, 2009

Accomplishment


Its such a wonderful feeling to finally be able to achieve a pose. I seem to have so many limitations from old injuries and it feels like it takes me that much longer to master poses when my yoga friends appear to move into each asana gracefully.  I know that this is just setting myself up for disappointment, comparing to others in yoga is frowned upon as everyone is in a very different place.  And I know that even though my peers look like they flow into every pose with ease, this is not necessarily so.  Still, it can be incredibly frustrating.

So when I was able to balance my weight in my hands in Crow pose for the first time and when I was able to finally get my head and shoulders off the ground in Wheel – I was so excited.  Now, I try to improve on those poses, create better form and hold them for at least five breaths.  Its still a challenge, but one that I cherish.

This is one of the great benefits of yoga, a sense of accomplishment that can be completely overwhelming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment